About Ben Zettler
Ben Zettler is an experienced social media expert and entrepreneur specializing in brand growth. He oversees social strategy for Steiner Sports, the leading producer of authentic hand-signed collectibles, and is the owner and founder of Brooktide Sunglasses, in addition to providing digital media consulting services to brands and public figures as a Shopify Expert. Ben is a 2012 graduate of the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland - College Park, where he continues to serve as the President of the Home Run Club, the fundraising arm for the 2x NCAA Regional champion Maryland Terrapins baseball team.
Director of Social Media | September 2016 - Present
Oversee the company’s total social and digital content strategy to foster an engaged community.
- Sales via social referral currently trending at 1,200% increase over previous year.
- Monthly website traffic via social referral currently increased by 625% over previous year.
- Lead editor/writer for company blog; June 2016 launch with 115,000 unique visitors to-date.
- Work with athlete partners to develop content plans, giveaways, exclusive interviews, etc.
- Guide Direct Response team toward refined email database segmentation.
- Execute live and recorded video broadcasts across all corporate digital channels.
- Provide management with weekly reporting on social media KPIs; growth, engagement and sales.
- Develop and manage network of content creators to amplify company initiatives.
- Oversee team of four part-time coordinators of social media activities.
- Audience growth and engagement:
- Grown from 52,000 followers to 700,000 followers across all active channels.
- 8.5 million users reached per month.
Social Media Manager | January 2014 - September 2016
Develop, monitor and expand social media initiatives utilizing paid and organic strategies for the company and CEO’s brand.
- Built relationships with contacts at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to obtain verified badges.
- Write CEO’s daily blog. Topics include: business, motivation, wellness & entrepreneurship.
- Ghostwrote on Elite Daily: “How To Turn A Negative Into A Positive When Faced With Adversity.”
- Led team responsible for Ecommerce replatforming; 50% cost reduction, 15% revenue increase.
- Created company’s first HTML-based email marketing materials.
- Launched brand Instagram, Snapchat and alternate Twitter accounts for segmented audiences.
Account Coordinator | August 2013 - January 2014
Support the management of client accounts for this B2B-focused marketing communications and public relations agency.
- Supported six client accounts, including the agency's largest brand client, Pandora Radio.
- Wrote press releases, media advisories and bylines.
- Secured media coverage via print and online media 3-5 times per month per account.
- Collaborated with team members to create strategic documents.
University of Maryland Athletics
Assistant Director of Baseball Operations | January 2013 - May 2013
Manage all off-field operations for team, including budgeting, travel coordination, meal scheduling, special event planning and the overseeing of a team of student interns.
- Co-producer of the promotional video "Maryland Baseball - Are You Ready?"
- Created new marketing materials for the Home Run Club (team fundraising organization). Increased new membership by 10%.
- Planned season kickoff banquet at Under Armour headquarters, which raised $30,000.
- Managed team's official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Conducted 12-month analysis of $500,000 total budget and reduced spending by 10%.